Van Man Southend
Welcome to Credit Crunch Removals Of Essex, we offer affordable removal services within Essex and surrounding county's. We are a local family run business that will collect single items or move you to your new home with as little fuss as possible.
- Have all your boxes packed-up and ready to go.
- Have beds, cots and furniture dismantled and ready to go.
- If you do disassemble any furniture,remember to put the bolts and fittings in a plastic bag and attach it with tape so it will not be lost. Tape keys in a secure place.
- When packing, use the correct Removalist Boxes: these boxes are designed for moving.
- Begin by packing items you do not use every day.
- Label each box, indicating in which room it should go. Mark fragile boxes in large writing so we will top load.
- Upholstered items should be covered with protective plastic to prevent stains or damage.
- Rugs and similar items should be cleaned before the move.
- Remove bulbs and shades from all lamps. Lamp shades should be packed separately in a sturdy box. To protect your lampshades wrap them in bubble wrap. Do not use newspaper as it may leave smudges.
- Glass table tops and glass doors on furniture should be wrapped with bubble wrap and heavy cardboard for safe shipping.
- Dry and canned foods may be moved as long as they are packed in a sturdy box. Liquids should be discarded or thrown away.
- Chemical and hazardous materials, such as, but not limited to, propane tanks, pool chemicals, fertilizers, paint thinners, solvents, bleach, aerosol cans, and firearms cannot be moved.
- Lawnmowers and other equipment with fuel tanks must be completely drained prior to a removal. We are not permitted to carry gas bottles.
- Drawers in furniture should be cleared of items.
- Appliances should be disconnected prior to your moving team arriving. Also, take down shelves, light fixtures or chandeliers if applicable.
- Pack largest and heaviest items in bottom of box first. Books and other heavy items should be packed in small boxes.
- Large mirrors or pictures should be wrapped individually, covering both sides with bubble wrap and heavy cardboard, then binding with tape.
- Items should be packed in boxes that are the proper size. If there is empty space in the box use wadded up packing paper to fill up space.
- Small appliances and electronics should be packed in the boxes they came in whenever possible.
- For dishes and glassware you should use butchers paper. Pack dishes on their sides.
- Fridge drip trays should be emptied.
- Wrap sharp tools to prevent injury.
- Organize a decent parking place for the removal van.
- All removal men enjoy a cup of coffee so don't pack the kettle until the van is loaded!!